View basket “2011 Blade Trigger 14m” has been added to your basket.
We are now releasing the tenth version of our pure blooded freestyle kite. This iconic kite has reached a major milestone so we decided to do something BIG! The tenth edition of the Obsession blends the previous Obsession and Obsession Pro into one freestyle machine. This means that we made this kite work perfectly with four or five lines! The Obsession MK10 will now provide for all who want to jump, loop or want to unhook. No compromises were made on the shape and characteristics that distinguish this true freestyle machine. Nor did we leave anything to chance while putting the entire structure of the kite under intense scrutiny. The 2018 RRD Obsession MK10 is a pure, fine tuned, C-shaped kite. It is designed to be precise, powerful, or very neutral when needed. The shape of the kite is similar to the previous Obsession Pro MK3. We did however adjust the struts position and angle to help the kite rotate better on the surface of the water, which increases relaunch. But the most notable change to the MK10 is that this kite works perfectly with either four or five lines!For those who want a pure freestyle 5-line kite but prefer the benefits of a 4-line. In this setting, the kite turns faster, increases the depower range, is easier to relaunch and provides more lift and hang time.The 4 line MK10, is ideal for those who decide to dedicate themselves to the freestyle discipline without having to fully commit to a 5-line set up for the hardcore unhooked freestyle or wakestyle disciplines.Want to take your riding to the next level? See your name on top of the leaderboards? Be the local hero? Demolish personal records? Constantly chasing progression? Or maybe all of the above? Then your’e ready to step up your game and find your new ObsessionMK10!
£539.00 – £839.00
The RRD Obsession MK10, a beast of a freestyle kite with epic hang time!
2018 RRD Obsession MK10
The 2018 RRD Obsession MK10, an awesome freestyle kite that will see you gain some serious hang time! Now 40% off
FREESTYLE / WAKESTYLE
- Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel, to secure long lasting stitching and a rigid connection.
- Radial Canopy reinforcements around the trailing edge of the kite, are positioned in a way that intersects the Techno Force Double Ripstop. This increases strength and durability on sensitive areas. It also compliments the torsion placed on the kite, thus improving the overall flying characteristics.
- Bridle anti tangle device, which is a small batten that connects from the trailing edge to the leading edge that prevents the bridles from wrapping around the wingtip during launching or water relaunching. It also allows for storage of the bridles when packing the equipment after a session.
New MK10 features
- C shaped leading edge design with the choice between a 4 or 5 line set-up! It comes out of the bag with a 4line bridle set-up, which is easily converted to a 5 line set-up. (Comes standard with the kite as well, you just need a 5 line bar then.)
- Redesigned Quick Airflow Valve: A singular point, one way, air flow valve, inflation and deflation system with a special molded protection cap.This new valve has a smaller diameter and pliable base that allows the perfect leading edge shape and adds to the lifespan of the kite.
- Additional strut reinforcements: all struts are reinforced with Kevlar stitched to the ends which reduce abrasion and the new design also prevents sand from getting into the kite. The middle strut includes Kevlar and an additional layer of Dacron because it suffers the most.
- Multi Point line settings: multiple points of connection provide a multitude of adjustments to the flying characteristics of the kite such as depower, bar pressure, turning speed, and turning radius. These changes affect jumping, kite loops, slack, drift, and water relaunch.
- New strut positioning and strut angle for an even better relaunch.
- Techno Force Double Ripstop, a high density fabric with a tear stopping structure that is constructed with a high tension double polyester yarn. This material does not only add to the strength and longevity of our kites, but it also improves the stability and the flying characteristics without adding weight.