The Kitesurf Centre School – COVID-19 Management Policy
- The Kitesurf Centre will act in accordance with government covid ruling and expect all persons visiting to do the same.
- All students are required to clean hands with water / soap and sanitiser when entering the school. Alcohol gel is provided at the entrance to each building and additionally in classroom and reception areas.
- Changing facilities will be provided only when permitted by government covid-19 related ruling. These facilities are cleaned daily.
- Students are required to disinfect all waterwear after each use. The wetsuit, harness, buoyancy aid, jacket and helmet should each be dunked in the tanks provided. Staff will not directly handle waterwear worn by a student until it has been sanitised.
- All lesson start times will be staggered to reduce the volume of students inside centre buildings at any one time. The Kitesurf Centre may contact you to move your start time by up to one hour to enable this.
- Students are recommended to wear neoprene gloves for the duration of the lesson. Students are permitted to wear their own, or can purchase these at a discounted rate from The Kitesurf Centre Shop.
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitised after each use. All kite bars will be sanitised between lessons.
- Students who have been exposed to Covid-19 must notify The Kitesurf Centre immediately. The Kitesurf Centre will act on the most recent government rulings to determine expectations on the students ability to attend their lesson. All other decision making will default to the Terms and Conditions agreed by the customer when booking a lesson with The Kitesurf Centre.
- Instructors showing symptoms will be required to complete a self-quarantine process until a negative covid test is produced.
- Instructors who come into contact with active cases will be required to test for COVID-19 and follow the latest government advice. Instructors will self-isolate only until a negative test result is produced.
- Students who booked lessons after March 17th 2020 will be deemed to have had knowledge of the government advice at the time of booking and therefore will be subject to our standard 14 day cancellation policy and Covid-19 clause up to the point of any updates on government advice.
- As new advice is released The Kitesurf Centre’s terms and conditions and COVID-19 management policy will be updated accordingly.
For any questions or clarification please call 01797 724 126 (ext1) or email [email protected]
The Kitesurf Centre Team
– 24th Feb 2022: Section 5 – COVID-19 Clause and COVID-19 Management Policy updated in line with changes to laws and government guidance surrounding COVID-19. As of the 24th February 2022, there is no longer a legal requirement to self-isolate after testing positive for COVID-19, though it is still advised to do so.