Please note that this policy is subject to regular change in line with government restrictions and recommendations. Our terms and conditions apply as normal.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us on 07563 763 046 or by email at email@example.com
School – Kitesurfing, Kite Buggy & Kite Landboarding
- The Kitesurf Centre is only currently able to offer lessons to intermediate and advanced riders (completed BKSA Level 2 or above). These will be taught with radio headsets to help keep everyone 2m apart.
- The centre will only be open on a limited timetable. These will be chosen at the week beginning after assessing the wind forecast, and booking slots will be made available online. If you already have a booking on a different day, we will contact you with regards to moving it to a more favourable wind forecast.
- Students will need their own wetsuit & neoprene accessories for water based lessons. The Kitesurf Centre is providing these at a discounted price to purchase if you don’t currently own any. Check them out here
- The Kitesurf School will be closed & students will be required to meet directly on the beach or on the numbered benches outside the centre. Your instructor will notify you of where in advance.
- Instructors will keep a distance of 2m away unless in an emergency where safety is compromised.
- All students will be required to clean hands with water / soap and sanitizer upon arrival.
- Each student will have their temperature taken with a thermal gun upon arrival. Any student showing a temperature of over 38 degrees will be refused and no refund will be given.
- Students without their own vehicle will be permitted to use the changing room, one at a time. The changing room will be cleaned thoroughly between each use.
- If the wind directions means the use of Greatstone beach is necessary, The Kitesurf Centre will not be able to offer transport between the centre & Greatstone, so students will need their own means of transport. You will be notified of this the day before as rescheduling of lessons may be necessary.
- Students will be required to follow signage & wash and hang any equipment borrowed from The Kitesurf Centre – where it will be left for 72 hours before being used again.
- If the instructor feels the students aren’t at a high enough level during the lesson & they’re unable to distance themselves while running a lesson safely, they have the right to end the lesson immediately.
- All lessons will run on a one to one basis with an instructor, unless they are groups who have already been in direct contact with each other for a 14 day period.
- All lesson start times will be staggered so there are no students starting lessons at the same time to ensure social distancing.
- Students will be required to wear gloves during the lesson; either bringing their own neoprene / thick rubber gloves or purchasing a set from the centre. These can also be purchased online here. Face masks are not necessary due to practicality.
- All kite bars will be cleaned between lessons. All equipment will be cleaned and sanitised after each use.
- Lessons will take place between 12 – 25 knots. Specialist light wind lessons will not be possible until further notice.
- No students will be allowed to take lessons if they have been exposed to any active cases of the COVID- 19 virus within the last 21 day period.
- Any students that have come from a foreign country in the last 14 days will not be able to take lessons, until they have completed a self-quarantine process for 14 days plus an additional 7 day waiting period
- Instructors showing symptoms or who come into contact with active cases will be required to complete a self-quarantine process for 14 days plus an additional 7 day waiting period before teaching lessons
- Please respect the 2m markers painted on the floor around the centre.
- Any student who have a confirmed case of Covid – 19 following a lesson or hire, must contact The Kitesurf Centre immediately.
- We expect everyone to adhere to the social distancing guidelines. If any student fails to follow these rules, The Kitesurf Centre instructors reserve the right to terminate the lesson immediately.
- Enquiries and orders for the school must be made online, by phone (07563 763 046) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The office will remain closed until further notice.
Lessons – Stand Up Paddleboarding
The Kitesurf Centre is now able to offer Stand Up Paddleboarding lessons on a 1-2-1 basis or small groups from the same household. The lessons will be held either on the sea or at local rivers, so personal transport may be necessary.
The Kitesurf Centre will remain closed until further notice and all lessons will be orchestrated from the numbered benches outside the centre. Your instructor will contact you the day before with further instructions.
Each paddleboard & paddle will be sanitised after each use with disinfectant.
The Kitesurf Centre will provide wetsuits & buoyancy aids for those who need them, but urge anyone with their own wetsuit to bring it with them. Please follow the signage around the centre with regards to thoroughly washing and hanging these items after use.
Stand Up Paddleboarding lessons will only be available when the conditions are most suitable so there may need to be more flexibility in booking times & dates.
- All students who booked a lesson prior to government restrictive advice on March 17th 2020 will be offered the chance to reschedule their lesson indefinitely should their lesson be scheduled for within 14 days of March 17th. Those who booked prior to March 17th for a lesson after April 1st will be subject to our standard booking terms and conditions.
- Students who booked lessons after March 17th will be deemed to have had knowledge of the government advice at the time of booking and therefore will be subject to our standard 14 day cancellation policy up to the point of any updates on government advice.
- As new advice is released The Kitesurf Centre’s terms and conditions and COVID-19 management policy will be updated accordingly.
The Kitesurf Centre will be renting kiting & stand up paddleboarding equipment from Saturday May 17th.
The centre is unable to rent neoprene or accessories but have created some packages to help keep costs down. Check them out here
Anyone hiring equipment will be required to complete our normal rental assessment before being allowed to use the equipment. Please contact us in advance if you have not completed one previously.
All equipment hired will need to be sanitised on return and then they’ll be left for 72 hours. Please follow the signage on site.
All equipment will only be rented on a day basis rather than hourly.
Please contact us in advance to hire any equipment as we’ll be running a very limited service and pre booking is essential. This can be done online
Our normal rules apply to each hire.
- We are open for online orders and are shipping as normal. Please order by phone (07563 763 046), email (email@example.com) or online.
- Click & collect can be arranged prior to visiting the centre.
- The shop is stocked as normal.
- Employees will sanitise their hands before packing each order.
- Staff members showing symptoms or who comes into contact with active cases will be required to complete a self-quarantine process for 14 days plus an additional 7 day waiting period before working on site again
For any questions or clarification please contact us on 07563 763 046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kitesurf Centre Team