£749.00 – £1,489.00
Completely redesigned and reinvented from scratch, the Duotone Mono is light, simple and devastatingly good. It´s a fantastic all-rounder that features just one strut and incredible handling for entry level, foiling and twintips! If you want a pure, lightweight, do-it-all kite, the Mono is it.
2019 Duotone Mono
Completely redesigned and reinvented from scratch, the 2019 Duotone Mono is light, simple and devastatingly good. Its a fantastic all-rounder that features just one strut and incredible handling for entry level, foiling and twintips!
- This season the whole concept has been questioned and all sizes have been completely redesigned by Ken Winner.
- The low end and especially the high end if this model have been significantly improved and kite flutter nearly eliminated.
- With just one strut and very dynamic handling it is sure to excite and the benchmark in one strut kites.
- In light winds the performance is incredible, not only can the kite fly in the slightest of breezes, but it is also very easy to relaunch too.
If you want a pure, lightweight, do-it-all kite, the Mono is it.
- SITS FAR BACK IN THE WIND WINDOW, BACKSTALL NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE
- SUPER EASY, FAST AUTO RELAUNCH
- LIGHT BAR PRESSURE AND PROGRESSIVE POWER DEVELOPMENT
- LIGHT AND ROBUST ONE STRUT DESIGN
- SLICK PROFILE WITH LOWER ASPECT RATIO AND LESS FLUTTER
- 4 AND 5-LINE SETUP
Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3×2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance.
The 3×2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2×2 or 4×4 yarn solutions.
The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite, also, making waterstart easier and increasing the overall safety while kiting.
SELF RESCUE HANDLES
The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found and provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre.
This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and the leading edge. All the struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line allowing higher canopy tension and a clean profile.
HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM
The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable because of a special heavy duty closing seam. The dacron material at the leading edge that is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched. Additionally, the Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.
TRAILING EDGE FORCE CONTROL
The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the Trinity TX Canopy material, as a result, this change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS
As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels ware used to hold the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads. As a result this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue. Therefore, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
KOOK PROOF CONNECTORS
Finally, the kook proof line connection points allows you safely connect your lines, preventing accidents when incorrectly rigging your kite.
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99
- Upgrade to next day Express Delivery for £4.99
- UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard / £6.99 Express
- Europe and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all packages under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the world and European Islands: £19.99 for all packages under 2kg and £39.99 for all packages over 2kg
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the European Union, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.