Perfect condition, still looks new
The Rebel is one of the most popular kites on the market, stable and confidence inspiring with the ability for huge air making it perfect for beginners, intermediates and experts alike.
Out of stock
Email when stock available
2019 Duotone Rebel 14m
HIGH PERFORMANCE FREERIDE / BIG AIR
A high performance Freeride and Big Air kite suited to everyone from beginner to expert. The 2019 Duotone Rebel will deliver maximum output with minimum input. Since the beginning, the Rebel has long been known for its exceptionally smooth, stable and shake-free feeling through the bar, but this year it’s even better!
Fantatic light wind kite due to its more open shape giving it lots of low end power and efficiency
Perfect condition, still looks new
Last year the Rebel had a significant overhaul that saw the design built around a 4 line set up. The kite was a huge success and this year Ken Winner has been working hard to make the best even better!
- Updates on the 2019 Duotone Rebel model include a smaller, reduced diameter leading edge and a flatter centre shape profile. The goal was to improve the handling and boosting capabilities of the kite.
- The thinner leading edge makes the new Rebel more efficient and allows it to twist, increasing the turning speed and making the handling very dynamic.
- The new flatter profile in the centre of the kite adds power and improves the flying characteristics. More importantly, the kite now jumps higher and floats for longer; massive airs are even easier on the new Rebel!
- The kite can be flown in the standard 4 line set up, or if you wish, there is a 5th line upgrade available too. The Rebel works perfectly with the Click or Trust Bar in either 4 or 5 line configuration.
- As ever the wind range is huge, there is plenty of low-end power, and the high-end is incredible with the 5-strut design keeping the canopy stable even in gusty conditions.
- Sheet and go handling makes the Rebel incredibly easy to fly. It’s suitable for riders just starting out on their kitesurfing journey as well as pros who want to boost to the moon and everyone in between.
This iconic kite has long been the freeride standard all other kites try to emulate, now the bar is set even higher. The new 2019 Duotone Rebel will blow you away.
REDUCED DIAMETER LEADING EDGE
A THINNER LEADING EDGE MAKES THE REBEL MORE EFFICIENT, BUT ALSO ALLOWS IT TO TWIST, INCREASING THE TURNING SPEED AND MAKING THE HANDLING VERY DYNAMIC.
FLATTER CENTRE SHAPE
A NEW FLATTER PROFILE IN THE CENTRE OF THE KITE ADDS POWER AND IMPROVES THE FLYING CHARACTERISTICS.
POWERFUL LIFT AND HUGE HANGTIME
PERFECT FOR FREERIDE PERFORMANCE WITH EXPLOSIVE POWERFUL LIFT AND HUGE AS WELL AS LONG HANGTIME.
BEST SHEET AND GO POWER DEVELOPMENT
THE SHEET AND GO HANDLING MAKES A KITE INCREDIBLY EASY TO FLY.
THE REBEL CAN BE FLOWN IN A VERY WIDE ASPECT OF WIND STRENGTHS, WITHOUT CHANGING THE SIZE.
4 AND 5 LINE SETUP
YOU CAN CHOOSE THE BEST SETUP, DEPENDING ON YOUR PREFERENCE AND RIDING STYLE. THE 5TH LINE MAKES IT EASIER TO RELAUNCH.
Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3×2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance.The 3×2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2×2 or 4×4 yarn solutions.
The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite, also, making waterstart easier and increasing the overall safety while kiting.
SELF RESCUE HANDLES
The self-rescue handles, on the inside of the wingtips, can be easily found and provide a good and comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre.
This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and the leading edge. All the struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line allowing higher canopy tension and a clean profile.
HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM
The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam. Added Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched. Additionally, the Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.
TRAILING EDGE FORCE CONTROL
The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions.
Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron trailing edge and the Trinity TX canopy material. As a result, this change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS
As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used that will hold the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads. As a result this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimising the risk of fatigue. Therefore, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
KOOK PROOF CONNECTORS
Finally, the kook proof line connection points allows you safely connect your lines, preventing accidents when incorrectly rigging your kite.
“THE REBEL IS SIMPLY THE BEST HIGH PERFORMANCE FREERIDE KITE. BOOSTING, GLIDING, HOOKED IN TRICKS, YOU CAN DO IT ALL.”
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £14.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest