9m Ex demo, perfect condition used just a couple of times!
The 2019 RRD Religion MKIX is the ultimate wave/allround kite, with fast turning, canopy reinforcements & great drift!
2019 RRD Religion MKIX
WAVE / STRAPLESS FREESTYLE / ALL ROUND / BIGAIR
The first thing that comes to mind when the RRD Religion is mentioned is wave but it also a fantastic allround kite and used by many riders with a twin tip for freeride and jumping. The characteristics which make it a brilliant wave kite (fast, responsive turning, smooth power delivery, big depower, stable, rock solid in the air, excellent upwind and quick through the sky) also attribute to being ideal for general kitesurfing and great for big air….Especially in the stronger winds as the stability, big wind range and solid shape in the air give you confidence when it is very windy and gusty.
The MK9 has undergone only minor changes compared to our most successful wave kite, the Religion MK8. The large sizes, 9m, 10.5m and 12m, remain virtually the same. Whilst the smaller sizes, 8m down to 4m, have a revised leading edge and again the addition of a pulley. These changes on the smaller sizes allow the kite to self regulate in stronger conditions, making you more comfortable. Next to that it increases the wind range, and provides more hang time for those who still like to send it!
If speed is what you need, the MKIX is our fastest version yet! This significant boost in speed and performance position this kite into a more specific and focused wave catching machine. Unlike most fast turning surf kites on the market, the Religion MK9 still maintains that signature pull and power which helps to get in a few extra turns down the line.
With a new deep and long leading edge in the small sizes, the RRD Religion MK9 now has more range and control in strong, gusty winds. With more depower and improved upwind ability. The new shape not only improves the speed and reaction time. It also allows you to kill the harness pressure when bottom turning and lining up for a big vertical turn on the wave. As well as offering more control during your strapless freestyle maneuvers.
Wave & Freestyle Wave Bridle settings
An additional, notable feature added to the new RRD Religion MK9, per the request of our top strapless freestyle kitesurfers. The front line trim settings that can be found on the bridle. We have added a wave setting and a freestyle wave setting. The freestyle wave setting pulls less on the harness, has a more direct bar feeling, de-powers the kite more when needed, and forces the kite to fly more towards the edge of the window which creates more lift! The wave setting is more suited towards purely riding in the surf with less bar pressure and a kite that sits deeper in the wind window, maximizing the drift for when riding down the line.
Since its first introduction, this kite has transformed together with the evolution of riding waves with a kite.
- Front-line trim setting with two options; wave / freestyle-wave
- Quick Air Flow Valve, with special moulded protection cap and reduced dimensions
- Bridle anti-tangle device
- Wide tips for extra maneuverability
- 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m & 8m have a pulley on the bridle, to handle the strong gusty conditions and improve the stability
- 8m, 9m, 10,5m & 12m have a higher aspect ratio to improve the speed, power and reaction time.
The RRD Religion MKIX – Strongest kite on the market:
- Bullet proof construction that creates a strong structural frame with a mix of 195 grms. Polyant Dacron and light weight D2 Techno Force™ Double Ripstop
- Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel to ensure long lasting stitching and a rigid connection
- Exclusive Strut/Leading edge reinforcement D2 Techno Force™ Double Ripstop panel sewn at 45 degrees on the larger sizes. This spreads the impact loads over a wider area
- Radial Canopy reinforcements around the trailing edge of the kite, are positioned in a way that intersects the Techno Force Double Ripstop. This not only increases strength and durability on sensitive areas but also compliments the torsion placed on the kite, thus improving the overall flying characteristics
- All struts are reinforced with Kevlar stitched to the ends which reduce abrasion and the new design also prevents sand from getting into the kite. The middle strut includes Kevlar and an additional layer of Dacron because it suffers the most on impacts
- Our Bridle attachment points are reinforced with a soft PU external protection and an internal double adhesive Dacron patch, to increase durability
- Our ‘External Scuff Protectors’ are additional reinforcements on all scuff points. Strengthened with EVA reinforcements to extend the life and durability of the kite. This EVA is then encased in Insignia secured by a double stitch that adds to the durability of high stress points.
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £14.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest