HQ Montana V 7m – Depowerable foil kite
Depower foil kite which is fantastic for kite landboarding, snowkiting or depower kite training on the land.
Like other similar kites such as the Ozone Frenzy/Subzero or Peter Lynn Leopard, the HQ Montana boasts both performance and ease of use. Totally safe and controllable in the hands of a complete beginner but also great fun for advanced riders. It is both efficient and stable with fast, responsive turning and big depower range.
Good condition – Complete with bar & lines
The zip on the top opening of the bag has been sewn shut but the main front zip is still usable and working
Constructed without stiff mylar laminate sail cloth, the canopy is better able to absorb gusts for greater stability. The HQ Montana 5 (V) depowerable foil kite is easy to handle while offering high end performance for the demanding pilot. The bar system has been redeveloped and the new moulded chicken loop offers increased safety and user-friendliness.
Riders will appreciate the redesigned moulded chicken loop and the new TDS (Total Depower Safety) flagging line that provides an increased level of safety and simplified self-landing.
The control bar is clean and neat with single power strap equipped with a clam-cleat for easy trimming adjustment. The depower strap is easy to reach at all times.
The “top hat” safety release is easy to reach, now located under the bar and effectively dumps the kite on the centre-line bridle, folding the kite back and killing all power.
Even when fully powered up, bar pressure is light to moderate, giving good feedback and flying with one hand is easy.
The HQ Montana delivers performance and reliability, along with the high quality construction for which HQ is well known. It’s a kite ideal for boarding on both land and snow, offering good versatility and performance in a range of conditions.
* Excellent de-power, very little bar pressure
* Redesigned composite control bar with chicken loop and safety-system
* Dyneema Y-Shape Front Lines for Less Drag
* Outstanding lift and hang-time
* Re-designed 2-pulley system provides a huge depower range
* Increased lift and stability for more hangtime
* Increased wind range to keep you powered
* Progressive pressure on bar provides better feedback
* Highest Quality Construction
* Fast turning speed
* Excellent performance when un-hooked
* Great upwind characteristics
* Leash-less bar system
* New water repellent sail material for more performance
* Increased flying stability
* Easy relaunch
Complete with :
- HQ Montana 5 (V) Depower Control Bar with flying lines and wrist leash safety system
- Pre-stretched bridle lines for even better performance
- Technical backpack
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99
- Upgrade to next day Express Delivery for £4.99
- UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard / £6.99 Express
- Europe and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all packages under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the world and European Islands: £19.99 for all packages under 2kg and £39.99 for all packages over 2kg
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the European Union, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.