6 in stock
Northcore Surfshields Ear Plugs
Northcore Surfshields Ear Plugs are great in our cool climate to help prevent any issues cause from being in the sea while still giving you clear hearing. Protect your ear canals while having fun on the water!
Highly recommended when hydrofoiling, especially when learning to kite foil, wing surf or windsurf foil
Surfers Ear Plugs are designed to block out water while allowing in sound for optimised surfing balance, equilibrium and protection against surfers ear. Developed and manufactured in the EU. Northcore Surfshields use advanced acoustic filter technology centered with unique organic TPE earplugs which are designed to fit neatly into the ear’s auditory canal. Surfshields are 100% allergy-free soft washable material so are super comfortable, very effective and stay in the ear in most conditions when correctly inserted. The pack contains two sets of universal ear plugs to allow the user to find their perfect fit and an optional 90cm removable ear plug leash and with slider to prevent loss of the plugs should they become loose. The set comes in a re-usable mini hard case for convenient storage in between use.
Why use them?
- Block water – not sound. Reduce the risk of surfers ear
- Removable advanced acoustic filters
- 100% allergy-free soft organic material
- Includes two universal plug sizes for customizable comfort and fit
- Optional use detachable 90cm leash with slider
Surfers ear which is also known as exostosis is a condition where the ear canal is narrowed by bone which slowly grows over time. The phenomena is the human bodys protective response to exposure to cold water and cold air. The bone grows in lumps, which in turn form bulges which can trap water. Consequently, this can be painful, cause recurring ear infections and worst of all result in significant hearing loss! However there are two remedies. One involves some nasty surgery after the condition is diagnosed. The other is preventative to stop the condition ever happening use good quality surfers ear plugs. The latter option is certainly a no-brainer and its where Northcore surfers ear plug protection can help.
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest