£1,559.00 – £1,709.00
As fun to fly as an inflatable kite, but all the performance of a foil kite – the Ozone Hyperlink V2 2020 is finally here!
Ozone Hyperlink V2 2020
The Key Details
The Ozone Hyperlink V2 2020 features an all-new material combination with a durable, airtight and lightweight double rip-stop for the upper and lower surfaces. It’s new material has a unique formulated coating to help shed water, improving flying characteristics and water re-launch. Durable and strong, it’s still as lightweight as the V1 Ultralight version. It is a mid aspect ratio design incorporating a minimalist bridle set up, ensuring the kite is user friendly for those taking the leap from inflatable to foil kites. Our latest bridle calculation enhances load distribution and combined with a new arc improves overall performance of the Hyperlink V2. It’s handling is sharper with a refined bar feeling that is closer to the feel of an inflatable kite.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release in 4-Line Closed Cell mode. The 5-line Open Cell mode is recommended for Snow or Land use only. The air intake valves MUST be open when using 5-line mode – if the valves are not set open this will compromise the functionality of the Internal Re-ride Release System and could cause to damage to the kite. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
- Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or – 15mm) they must be replaced. How To videos and a Bridle Check PDF with all measurements can be found at www.ozonekites.com
Ozone Hyperlink V2 2020 – Flying Line Recommendations
We recommend 25m flying lines as the best all-round option. Using line lengths of 20m to 23m the handling of the Hyperlink V2 becomes more responsive making jumping more direct and easier. For Hydro-foiling shorter lines (10m to 20m) are preferred by a wide range of users. You will feel an increased ‘connection’ to the kite, it will become more responsive and direct. In stronger winds with shorter lines the upwind ability will be enhanced significantly.
4- Line Closed Cell Versus 5-Line Open Cell
Watch the how-to video to ensure you understand the correct method to change between 4-Line Closed Cell and 5-Line Open Cell modes.
4-Line Closed Cell Mode
The Hyperlink comes standard in 4-Line Closed Cell Mode, utilising our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the Quick Release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range
- 4 Line Closed Cell Mode is recommended when riding on water.
- Inflation is quick and smooth after pre-inflating the kite.
- If you are already an inflatable kite rider it will only take you one session to get to know the Hyperlink.
- For twin tip riders once the kite is in the air and powered up the similarities to an inflatable kite can be felt.
- It has progressive handling, generates smooth consistent power, great upwind performance and jumps well with long hang time and smooth landings.
- Ideal for Foil Board riding, the Hyperlink produces more power than an inflatable kite size per size – this means you can use a smaller more maneuverable kite to
- Maneuvers are made easy thanks to the stability and lift produced as the Hyperlink flies through the zenith – a great help when learning to tack and gybe giving you time and float to change board direction.
- In light winds the Hyperlink will fly above you unlike inflatable kites that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. This makes getting set up for starting stress free.
Ozone Hyperlink V2 2020 – Range of Use
Wind Range & Bar Size – Water
Wind Range & Bar Size – Land
Wind range is indicative only based on an average rider weight of 80kg. Actual range will vary based on rider skill level and type of board / skis used.
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £14.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest