If you are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver and often ride in light winds, the Zephyr is the kite for you.
The performance excels like no other in the light stuff. Agile, responsive & fun to use
Ozone Zephyr 17m
At The Kitesurf Centre, we’ve always rated the Ozone Zephyr as a really versatile light wind kite and amazing on the summer sea breeze sessions. It’s a lot more agile than a lot of the other ‘big’ kites available, and being higher aspect than most, it’s efficient and easy to ride upwind in even the lightest breeze. This is the ideal kite for heavier riders wanting something really fun to use in light winds. Although there are other kites available with more power size for size, nothing compares in terms of performance and ‘fun factor’ in 15 or less knots.
Perfect condition, used just a few times. There are a few marks on the white part of the canopy where it has been packed away a little damp and the darker parts of the canopy have bled onto it. These do not effect the kite at all and are just cosmetic
- Light wind specific
- Huge wind range, 6-20 knots
- Tight radius turn for great pop and fun
- Easy to fly and re-launch even in light winds
The Ozone Zephyr is a renowned dynamic light wind model, without doubt it was the first light wind specific kite on the market to deliver efficient performance and handling.
With an incredible wind range the Zephyr gives you the possibility to continue riding when the wind increases, this unique attribute sets it apart from competitors.
The Zephyr brings modifications to the profiles, increasing the canopy stability for a smoother feeling in the air. The revised sail tension calculation and a refined bridle set up improve bar feeling and operating range.
Having the power of a 17m kite on demand with the feedback of a 13m translates to more fun in light winds. The incredibly nimble handling with a tight radius turn, ease of use and the ability to have fun in low winds characterises the Zephyr.
It is perfect for cruising, jumping, air style, honing strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance. Re-launch is surprisingly quick and easy considering its size, simply by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines the kite smoothly lifts off the water ready for more action.
The Zephyr s the perfect accomplice for when the wind is looking light or unstable, it will get you out enjoying the conditions for any length of time whatever the style you choose to ride. Or if you mainly ride in light wind spots and are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver, this is the kite for you.
- Designed with OZ-CAD
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron
- 4-line Pulley-less System
- Double Stitched Folded Seams
- Internal reinforcements
- One-Pump Inflation System
- Direct Connect Struts
- Load Distribution Panels
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts
- Reinforced Trailing Edge
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads
- Unique bladder construction
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors
- Tuned Bridle Geometry
- One Pump Inflation System
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Back-line trimming options
- Fool proof line connectors
- Water Kite Technical Bag
Bar sold separately. We recommend a longer bar for improved turning response and longer 27m lines or normal 23/24m with 3-5m extensions to really maximise the wind range.
Based on 80kg average rider
Ozone Zephyr Materials
Ozone’s philosophy has always been to use only the finest materials available for any of our products and for our Kitesurf range this is no different. Tube kites take a particularly harsh beating due to the sand and salt environment therefore we decided to use the industries tried and tested sail cloth to ensure our kites keep their designed factory trim even after hundreds of hours of use.
- Main Sail – For the main body of the sail, Ozone use Tejin Nylon Rip-stop. Not the cheapest material option but by far the best material available in the industry.
- LE and Struts – For the leading edge and struts we have chosen Dimension Polyant Dacron, also the leading Dacron manufacturer in the World. The structural part of a tube kite takes unbelievable amounts of stress and its imperative that a quality cloth is used otherwise the kites characteristics will change.
- Bladders – We use the leading PU material for all our bladders and we are meticulous with their production to ensure you have a bladder that will not fail during normal use. Bladders can be a kiter’s worst nightmare; it was ours before we started making our own LEI’s! We use the finest valve machine available to electrically join the valves to the leading edge and struts.
- Flying Lines – New for all kites, land and water is a new Dyneema line that is thinner and also stiffer due to a better coating technique. The thinner lines still retain the 300kg breaking strain so we have gained performance thanks to less parasitic drag as the lines fly through the air. The stiffer lines are also a lot easier to handle and do not tangle easily making your rigging time hassle free.
Ozone Zephyr – Design Features: Reliable Construction & Manufacturing
- Aerodynamic Leading edge scuff pads – therefore keeping weight off the leading edge which is very important for better performing kites
- Narrow optimally designed diameter leading edge tube and struts – strong structure and less “parasitic drag” as kite cuts through the air.
- New Tip Shape for a faster turn and to also give a more constant pressure throughout the D-Power range
- Direct Line to Kite feel – no pulleys in Kite or bar
- 2:1 depower trim strap which gives each model a constant feel from normal trim to full depower using the smooth clamcleat Trimmer Strap. 3-way rings made in highest grade 316 Stainless
- The Worlds finest material selection – no compromise, giving you peace of mind in buying into a quality manufactured product that will last
- Unique bladder construction with double layer sections in wear areas – no failures
- Leading industry service and support, if you have a problem – Ozone will deal with it
- The Ozone Zephyr is a dream to re-launch, just turn the bar fully to one side and the kite rolls over onto its tip. The rider can either re-launch immediately with the kite downwind and de-powered or allow the kite to work its way to the edge of the wind window, allowing for a stress free re-launch
- Continuous smooth radius wingtip perfected in shape to increase turning speed and aid re-launch yet perfected in size to ensure the kite is balanced to stop any stall possibilities
Kite Only – Kite, Bag, Repair pack and manual
Ex Demo – 2011 – 12 Model
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest