Now 35% Off!
The RRD Global v8.2 bar features RRD’s patented Rigid Thread Lines which have high tensile strength, unidirectional fibres and minimal stretch.
RRD GLOBAL BAR V8.2
For the latest version, RRD have given the Global Bar v8.2 an upgrade, redesigning components to make it more sleek while keeping it simple and reliable.
The RRD Global v8.2 bar features RRD’s patented Rigid Thread Lines which have high tensile strength, unidirectional fibres and minimal stretch. We have used lines from all brands and these are definitely the best on the market. If you look closely you will see pro riders sponsored by other brands using the RRD Rigid lines on their bars during King of the Air!
Key Features & Advantages
- One bar fits all kites – compatible with all RRD 4 Line Kites in each size
- Premium Chickenloop Safety Quickrelease
- Improved Single-Front-Line-Safety: 100% Depower
- Rotating Chickenloop-System
- Precasted Chicken-Dick
- Rigid Thread Lines
No need to ‘change any game’ with the release of our 8th version of the RRD Global Bar. Because of the great history of performance, we have kept our new version simple, reliable, and packed with the same great features of the previous versions. But with the V8, we now take another step forward with new components and redesigned parts.
Simplicity is our mission. We remove any unnecessary items, instead of adding them, to make every component more functional. Simply said : ”you cannot break what does not exist”.
We have the following new features on the RRD Global Bar V8:
- Rotating chicken loop, that acts as a swivel, to easily untwist your front lines.
- Our new simplified safety system flags the kite on the front line which makes the kite de-power 100% in case you need it.
- Optional: Short leash (approx.. 50cm or 20”) to attach on the front of your harness.
- Optional: Thicker and longer leash specifically for the handle passing riders.
- A moulded chicken loop finger that has a multiple pre-set position rotor head which allows you to move the finger to any desired position. It’s very easy to move it out of the way for riders that like to un-hook.
- Our double chamber de-power rope with safety line is made of high quality indestructible polyurethane which makes the bar slide easy and you will never have to replace it.
- CNC milled and anodised aluminium central bar component with oversized oval recesses to improve de-power tube sliding; even during some extreme steering.
- The length of the de-power rope can be adjusted with the de-power stopper EVA float.
- Test-winning diameter of the bar tube for the best grip.
- Chicken loop safety release system with oversized handle and increased sliding potential of all components to secure an effective functionality over the years. This is the safety release system in the market with the least amount of steel components, meaning longer lifetime and less maintenance.
- Moulded stainless steel safety leash double ring, angled to a position that facilitates safety leash attachment.
- Customized stainless steel de-power rope cleat designed around the double chamber tube, allowing the security line to slide freely.
- Velcro loop on the de-power cord to prevent the cord from flapping around when the kite is de-powered.
- Moulded floating side caps injected with high memory EVA which facilitates a better bar grip and increased safety.
- Oversized color coded side floaters that guarantee the floatation of the bar and easy rolling of the flying lines with line-locking system.
RRD RIGID THREAD KITE LINES
In addition to the new features, the ‘RRD Global Bar V8’ is still equipped with special lines called “RIGID THREAD LINES”. These are used exclusively on the RRD bars with great success for over 7 years. A product that’s now widely tested around the world, but there is little known about the details by kiteboarders.
All our lines are produced and developed in Italy, with a worldwide patent granted only to RRD.
The ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ are the result of the collaboration with an Italian manufacturing company that has more than fifty years of experience in the processing of textile fibers, using the most recent and innovative exotic fibers, combined with an intimate knowledge of the physical and mechanical properties of Dyneema.
What makes RRD Rigid Thread Lines different?
The ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ of RRD Kites will never be subject to adjustment, since they won’t even stretch under stress-related moves, for example by extreme loops or other radical manoeuvers, and consequently it is impossible to end up with stretched lines and/or of a different length and therefore the trim of the kite remains unchanged through the years.
‘Rigid Thread Lines’ will always be visually, technically and feeling compact and rigid throughout the course of their lives, maintaining all its physical and technical characteristics unaltered over the time.
The standard braided kite line has more stretch, which results in different line lengths, power absorption and reduction of performance, especially at the moment where you change the direction of the kite, where the load of the lines reaches its peaks.
Another weakness of the standard braided line that ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ have turned into a strength are unchanged compactness of the line.
Any new conventional line, has a rigid and compact character because of the resin (generally polyurethane-based) that encompasses it. This resin has a very short life and after only a few sessions, the touch of the product is softer.
This translates into a series of annoying consequences such as:
• Softened lines are more subject to unwanted knots.
• The protection of the line is reduced after each session.
• Braid tends to open and it becomes more fragile. This allows the entry of water which will create small salt crystals inside in case you kite in salt water, which can impair the bearing structure of the line.
Why are RRD kite lines innovative?
Unlike standard braided lines, the unidirectional structure of ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ provides a fibre memory that is significantly more efficient. A standard braided line under stress combines all ‘dynamic elongation’ of the fibre and flattening of the braid, whereas the core unidirectional structure uses exclusively the elastic modules of the fibre.