£1,123.00 – £1,593.00
Now with FREE 2 hour private lesson or Tricktionary! The RRD Obsession Y25 is a true full-blooded unhooked freestyle bomb that led Adeuri Corniel to the top of the 2018 GKA freestyle World Cup.
RRD OBSESSION Y25 2020
The kite that led Adeuri Corniel to the top of the 2018 GKA freestyle World Cup, the Obsession Y25 is a true full-blooded unhooked freestyle bomb.
Now with FREE 2 hour private lesson or Tricktionary (the ultimate progression book!) if you’re further afield.
RRD had a goal to create a performance freestyle 4 lines kite superior to any 5 line C-kite on the market. This was achieved by new revolutionary bridle and shape that allow a pure C-Kite feel with a unique slack and powerful pop. The bar feel of the RRD Obsession Y25 is crispy and direct, resulting in a very reactive impulse. The kite turns fast and provides tons of power throughout the turns, making it a breathtaking megaloop machine. And although the kite has such a closed arch shape, it does relaunch extremely well. For the most demanding freestyler out there, we have your new favorite weapon.
RRD OBSESSION Y25 CHARACTERISTICS
- 4 lines setup with mini front bridle configuration
- Multiple bar pressure setting
- Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel
- 45 degree leading edge reinforcements panels
- Leading edge seam protection
- Bridle anti-tangle device
- Radial reinforcements
- 5 strut construction with additional rounded kevlar reinforcements
- Double Dacron reinforcements on the middle strut
- Techno force™ double ripstop
- Quick air flow valve for easier pumping and deflating with special moulded protection cap
TECHNO FORCE™ DOUBLE RIPSTOP
Techno Force™ is a high density fabric with a tear stopping structure that is constructed with a high tensioning double polyester yarn. This material does not only add to the strength and longevity of our kites, but it also improves the stability and the flying characteristics without adding weight.
EXTERNAL SCUFF PROTECTORS
Additional reinforcements on all scuff points strengthened with branded, EVA reinforcements to extend the life and durability of the kite. This EVA is then encased in Insignia secured by a double stitch that adds to the durability of high stress points.
BRIDLE ANTI-TANGLE DEVICE
A small batten that connects from the trailing edge to the leading edge that prevents the bridles from wrapping around the wingtip during launching or water relaunching. It also allows for storage of the bridles when packing the equipment after a session.
Radial Canopy reinforcements around the trailing edge of the kite, are positioned in a way that intersects the Techno Force Double Ripstop. This not only increases strength and durability on sensitive areas but also compliments the torsion placed on the kite, thus improving the overall flying characteristics.
LEADING EDGE REINFORCEMENTS
Every panel of any inflatable structure, from the struts to the leading edge, is built with a special heavy duty stitching system. The stitching areas are internally reinforced with a strip of adhesive dacron (Insignia), creating a solid base for durability. Kevlar is then wrapped around every exposed LE Seam to provide further protection.
*Wind range in knots based on 75kg rider
Roberto Ricci Designs
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99
- Upgrade to next day Express Delivery for £4.99
- UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard / £6.99 Express
- Europe and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all packages under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the world and European Islands: £19.99 for all packages under 2kg and £39.99 for all packages over 2kg
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the European Union, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.