Shinn Slicer Split Board – Perfect for travelling
Years of innovation and design to finally make a kiteboard that splits in two, and still works as well as a standard twin tip
Shinn Slicer Split Board Kiteboard
The Shinn Slicer Split Board Kiteboard is a completely new design from Shinn Kiteboarding after years of innovation.
The kitesurfing industry has seen many split boards come and go but none have ever really been completely successful. The obvious advantages are travelling, either on public transport, bicycles or airlines and the storage space in small flats. Taking sports kit on airlines is becoming increasingly expensive & hiring equipment while abroad is often more than purchasing it if you’re there for a week or more!
It shows that Shinn have taken the time to see where others have failed and come up with a truly unique and fantastic design. Easy to put together and dismantle, lightweight & rides like any twin tip. What’s not to like?!
Ok, it’s more expensive than a standard twin tip, but factor in a few trips hiring equipment or paying for sports baggage and it more than covers itself.
What Shinn say about the new splitboard….
Having been in development for a long time, Shinn wanted to created a splitboard with all the characteristics of a traditional twintip, but whilst being incredibly convenient to travel with yet incorporating none of the hang-ups of most other splitboards. Utilising a innovative 3-piece system that features two paulownia board halves and a unique PU connector, that allows for a smooth flex pattern throughout the board whilst seamlessly fitting together to securely.
Most traditional split designs rely upon double or triple laminate layers through the connection area for strength however this increased rigidity usually inhibits flex through that area, limiting the capabilites of the kiteboard on the water, the new Slicer from Shinn incorporates a unique rail-to-rail retention pin through its “S” shape connection, reducing the perpendicular forces acting upon this key area of the board and also creates for a more consistent flex down the length of the kiteboard rather than bending around a singular point!
Designed for all levels of riders for entry to expert, who appreciate the convenience of being able to travel to their favourite destinations but still value performance!
Shinn Slicer Split Board Kiteboard Construction & Features:
Next Generation Split board
X-over/ Enduro Performance
Perfect Solution for Travellers
Full Paulownia Wood Core
Full PU Split Connection
Double Stepped Tips
Constant Curve Rocker
BITE Hi-performance Fins
Sneaker 6 or Sneaker HMT straps and pads(optional)
Sneaker HMT Footpads
Comfort, Control and Protection – the product of more than 18 months of R and D and 20 years of riding the all new Sneaker HMT (Hold Me Tight) breaks new grounds in adjustability, security and performance. We’ve combined all our lessons from more than 20 years of kiteboarding keeping the features we love and innovating solutions for areas we felt needed improving. Designed to fit every foot and riding stance to perfection, the Sneaker HMT is probably be the best rider/deck connection system yet.
- Fits 6 inch (152.4mm) or 155mm insert spacing
- Adjustable strap width through our unique Lightning Strap Holders
- On-Pad strap adjustment to perfectly align with the Toeridge
- Heel – Toe pad adjustment to perfectly tune your grip levels
- Multiple ducking angles
- Retained screws and washers to avoid losing critical parts
- Twin strap adjustable Strap rake to perfectly match the strap angle with the top of your foot
- Top inserted straps – easy strap removal without losing your finely chosen strap adjustment
- Multi-layered Dual Density EVA pads for better comfort, feel and protection
- Pre-bent Pad base ensure solid contact with board even after hundreds of hours use
- All stance adjustments possible without unscrewing pad from board (screws only need loosening)
Shape and Accessories:
– Double Stepped tips
– Constant Curve Rocker
– Progressive Concave
– BITE Hi-Performance Fins: Optoflex molded composite fins for superior profile accuracy and lighter weight
– Sneaker 6 or HMT Pads (sold seperately)
Shinn Slicer Split Board Kiteboard Sizing:
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £14.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest