£1,239.00 – £1,799.00
The ultimate BIG air kite & racer. Well known as the fastest most efficient LEI on the market. If you want to go big or go fast, this is the kite for you.
Aimed at intermediate to advanced riders – this will help you push your limits.
Comes with free BIG air lesson or Tricktionary Technique book
Ozone Edge V10
Ozone Edge V10 – Extremely fast, efficient, high performance racing and boosting machine!
We still don’t think there is an as efficient LEI on the market. Light wind on a race or foil board or strong winds for big air, this is hands down the best out there. But be warned, it needs to be flown by capable pilots as the performance is amazing!
In the wrong hands it’s just a difficult kite to use and will limit progression. The performance will only be obtained through good technique, without the technique the instability of the kite will become frustrating.
The kite still has the usability & wind range of any bridled kite so don’t be put off if you’re looking to take your kiting to the next level.
The Ozone Edge V10 has a unique pedigree, well known to pack a serious punch! The version 10 takes it to the next level an explosive high adrenaline freeride machine that will leave you in withdrawal after every session. True addiction comes naturally with the Ozone Edge V10, the heavy hitter with an honest high!
The Ozone Edge V10 has been designed for riders who want to ride fast, send it for massive air and hang time to reach altitudes reserved only for the gods. Even though it can be seen winning podiums and floats riders high above the water, don’t be afraid, this is a user-friendly powerhouse that anyone can handle. Easy to access performance comes naturally through this super-charged free ride kite, it is an explosive high adrenaline machine that will leave you in withdrawal after every session.
Now reaching its 10th version milestone, the Edge is as popular as ever and has been meticulously revised to take you beyond. The Edge V10 is incredibly smooth in the air thanks to refined profile sections and a new wing tip shape. The canopy has increased support and maintains form even in gusty conditions.
The handling reaction time has been improved, it drives faster through turns making it easier to send it big and maximise satisfaction from your free ride sessions. The bar feeling is smoother and more progressive on the back lines as the kite transitions through angle of attack range, helping during take off to perfectly time your jumps.
The Edge V10 is also one of the best inflatable kite in existence for taking advantage on the snow. It’s got speed, power, and the best attribute is how easily you can get air – all you have to do is gain speed, edge hard and send it
The design brief for the ninth version of Edge was to radically improve free ride and big air potential, while maintaining its multiple World Championship winning speed and race performance.
Ozone have completely re-worked the bar feeling, with the balance between front and rear line pressure optimised for feeling and improved pitch control. Riding the Ozone Edge V9 you can easily sense where the kite is at any time, the entire bar throw range offers a progressive feedback feel making it turn faster and easier to time the take off for going massive.
Continuous curve struts means we have higher levels of control over sail tension and reduced sail luff through the angle of attack range, giving a smoother ride with less bar bounce. The airfoil section has also been slightly modified for increased hang time, a small refinement but very noticeable in the air. The re-shaped wing tip section combined with re-positioned bridle attachment points increases drive in the turn and enhances load distribution for the leading edge. This directly translates to all-round high performance given any style of riding, all while going fast!
Ozone Edge V10 Key Features
Outlined below are some of the very important design features:
- New 5 strut construction for weight savings & increased canopy flex
- Huge de-power range
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- 4-Line Pulleyless System – simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out
- Insane upwind and downwind abilities
- Extreme hang-time and lift
- Teijin Techno Force D2 sail material
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- Multiple settings for handling heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively
- Increased leading edge and strut volume for better floatation, relaunch and rigidity
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range >> Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind >>
- Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system – below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system
- Exceptional build quality and attention to detail.
Ozone Edge V10 Design: Reliable Construction & Manufacturing
- Aerodynamic Leading edge scuff pads – therefore keeping weight off the leading edge which is very important for better performing kites
- Narrow optimally designed diameter leading edge tube and struts – strong structure and less “parasitic drag” as kite cuts through the air.
- New Tip Shape for a faster turn and to also give a more constant pressure throughout the D-Power range
- Direct Line to Kite feel – no pulleys in Kite or bar
- 2:1 depower trim strap which gives each model a constant feel from normal trim to full depower using the smooth clamcleat Trimmer Strap. 3-way rings made in highest grade 316 Stainless
- New Stopper ball for the safety flag out line so that the bar does not shoot up the lines to far when emergency final safety release is activated. (span width of kite)
- The Worlds finest material selection – no compromise, giving you peace of mind in buying into a quality manufactured product that will last
- Unique bladder construction with double layer sections in wear areas – no failures
- Leading industry service and support, if you have a problem – Ozone will deal with it
- The Ozone Edge is a dream to re-launch, just turn the bar fully to one side and the kite rolls over onto its tip. The rider can either re-launch immediately with the kite downwind and de-powered or allow the kite to work its way to the edge of the wind window, allowing for a stress free re-launch
- Continuous smooth radius wingtip perfected in shape to increase turning speed and aid re-launch yet perfected in size to ensure the kite is balanced to stop any stall possibilities
RANGE OF USE
Ozone Edge V10 TECH SPECS
Sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19m
For 10 to 25 knots a rider of the following weight range should use the following size kite:
70-85 kg 11m
To ride in more than 25 knots, it’s best to step down one size.
WIND RANGE & BAR SIZE
Ozone Contact Control System
The Ozone Contact bar & lines -Water Control System offers the latest in safety features, a clean control bar design and a simple easy-to-use trimming system – Click HERE for more information
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.
Buy now, pay later. PayPal Pay in 3 is the most reliable and simple way to split the costs of a purchase over a longer period without any extra costs. Fast and easy to set up, this is our suggestion for the best free and easy finance package
Just choose PayPal at checkout and go through the options available
PayPal Credit works like a conventional credit card but gives up to 4 months without any interest