£1,369.00 – £1,449.00
2019 RRD Religion MKIX Kite Package
Option to add Mystic 5/4 wetsuit from only £99.99 (RRP £160)
Option to add Airush Team waist harness for only £89.99 (RRP £200)
The 2019 RRD Religion & board deal is a fantastic package for all levels of kitesurfer from beginner to advanced. The RRD Religion is brilliant all round kite with responsive turning, stability and tough construction. We have added various board options to match the kite, creating a great freeride set up that works in all conditions.
What is included in the RRD Religion package :
RRD Religion MKIX 2019 kite
RRD global bar and lines
Kiteboard with fins, handle, straps & pads (see info at the bottom of the page for options)
Large volume kite pump
WAVE / STRAPLESS FREESTYLE / ALL ROUND / BIGAIR
The MK9 has undergone only minor changes compared to our most successful wave kite, the Religion MK8. The large sizes, 9m, 10.5m and 12m, remain virtually the same. Whilst the smaller sizes, 8m down to 4m, have a revised leading edge and again the addition of a pulley. These changes on the smaller sizes allow the kite to self regulate in stronger conditions, making you more comfortable. Next to that it increases the wind range, and provides more hang time for those who still like to send it!
If speed is what you need, the MKIX is our fastest version yet! This significant boost in speed and performance position this kite into a more specific and focused wave catching machine. Unlike most fast turning surf kites on the market, the Religion MK9 still maintains that signature pull and power which helps to get in a few extra turns down the line.
With a new deep and long leading edge in the small sizes, the RRD Religion MK9 now has more range and control in strong, gusty winds. With more depower and improved upwind ability. The new shape not only improves the speed and reaction time. It also allows you to kill the harness pressure when bottom turning and lining up for a big vertical turn on the wave. As well as offering more control during your strapless freestyle maneuvers.
Wave & Freestyle Wave Bridle settings
An additional, notable feature added to the new RRD Religion MK9, per the request of our top strapless freestyle kitesurfers. The front line trim settings that can be found on the bridle. We have added a wave setting and a freestyle wave setting. The freestyle wave setting pulls less on the harness, has a more direct bar feeling, de-powers the kite more when needed, and forces the kite to fly more towards the edge of the window which creates more lift! The wave setting is more suited towards purely riding in the surf with less bar pressure and a kite that sits deeper in the wind window, maximizing the drift for when riding down the line.
Since its first introduction, this kite has transformed together with the evolution of riding waves with a kite.
- Front-line trim setting with two options; wave / freestyle-wave
- Quick Air Flow Valve, with special moulded protection cap and reduced dimensions
- Bridle anti-tangle device
- Wide tips for extra maneuverability
- 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m & 8m have a pulley on the bridle, to handle the strong gusty conditions and improve the stability
- 8m, 9m, 10,5m & 12m have a higher aspect ratio to improve the speed, power and reaction time.
The RRD Religion MKIX – Strongest kite on the market:
- Bullet proof construction that creates a strong structural frame with a mix of 195 grms. Polyant Dacron and light weight D2 Techno Force™ Double Ripstop
- Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel to ensure long lasting stitching and a rigid connection
- Exclusive Strut/Leading edge reinforcement D2 Techno Force™ Double Ripstop panel sewn at 45 degrees on the larger sizes. This spreads the impact loads over a wider area
- Radial Canopy reinforcements around the trailing edge of the kite, are positioned in a way that intersects the Techno Force Double Ripstop. This not only increases strength and durability on sensitive areas but also compliments the torsion placed on the kite, thus improving the overall flying characteristics
- All struts are reinforced with Kevlar stitched to the ends which reduce abrasion and the new design also prevents sand from getting into the kite. The middle strut includes Kevlar and an additional layer of Dacron because it suffers the most on impacts
- Our Bridle attachment points are reinforced with a soft PU external protection and an internal double adhesive Dacron patch, to increase durability
- Our ‘External Scuff Protectors’ are additional reinforcements on all scuff points. Strengthened with EVA reinforcements to extend the life and durability of the kite. This EVA is then encased in Insignia secured by a double stitch that adds to the durability of high stress points.
We have put together a selection of excellent all round boards in the RRD Religion Package, all come complete with straps, pads, handle and fins. Please click the links for more information:
2017 RRD Poison V3 Ltd Carbon (+£100)
2018 RRD Poison V5 (+£70)
2019 Airush Switch Core (+£160)
2020 Duotone Gonzales (+£150)
2020 Duotone Jaime (+300)
RRD GLOBAL BAR V8.2
For the latest version, RRD have given the Global Bar v8.2 an upgrade, redesigning components to make it more sleek while keeping it simple and reliable.
The RRD Global v8.2 bar features RRD’s patented Rigid Thread Lines which have high tensile strength, unidirectional fibres and minimal stretch. We have used lines from all brands and these are definitely the best on the market. If you look closely you will see pro riders sponsored by other brands using the RRD Rigid lines on their bars during King of the Air!
Key Features & Advantages
- One bar fits all kites – 55cm, compatible with all RRD 4 Line Kites in each size
- Premium Chickenloop Safety Quickrelease
- Improved Single-Front-Line-Safety: 100% Depower
- Rotating Chickenloop-System
- Precasted Chicken-Dick
- Rigid Thread Lines
No need to ‘change any game’ with the release of our 8th version of the RRD Global Bar. Because of the great history of performance, we have kept our new version simple, reliable, and packed with the same great features of the previous versions. But with the V8, we now take another step forward with new components and redesigned parts.
Simplicity is our mission. We remove any unnecessary items, instead of adding them, to make every component more functional. Simply said : ”you cannot break what does not exist”.
We have the following new features on the RRD Global Bar V8:
- Rotating chicken loop, that acts as a swivel, to easily untwist your front lines.
- Our new simplified safety system flags the kite on the front line which makes the kite de-power 100% in case you need it.
- Short leash (approx.. 50cm or 20”) to attach on the front of your harness.
- A moulded chicken loop finger that has a multiple pre-set position rotor head which allows you to move the finger to any desired position. It’s very easy to move it out of the way for riders that like to un-hook.
- Our double chamber de-power rope with safety line is made of high quality indestructible polyurethane which makes the bar slide easy and you will never have to replace it.
- CNC milled and anodised aluminium central bar component with oversized oval recesses to improve de-power tube sliding; even during some extreme steering.
- The length of the de-power rope can be adjusted with the de-power stopper EVA float.
- Test-winning diameter of the bar tube for the best grip.
- Chicken loop safety release system with oversized handle and increased sliding potential of all components to secure an effective functionality over the years. This is the safety release system in the market with the least amount of steel components, meaning longer lifetime and less maintenance.
- Moulded stainless steel safety leash double ring, angled to a position that facilitates safety leash attachment.
- Customized stainless steel de-power rope cleat designed around the double chamber tube, allowing the security line to slide freely.
- Velcro loop on the de-power cord to prevent the cord from flapping around when the kite is de-powered.
- Moulded floating side caps injected with high memory EVA which facilitates a better bar grip and increased safety.
- Oversized color coded side floaters that guarantee the floatation of the bar and easy rolling of the flying lines with line-locking system.
RRD RIGID THREAD KITE LINES
In addition to the new features, the ‘RRD Global Bar V8’ is still equipped with special lines called “RIGID THREAD LINES”. These are used exclusively on the RRD bars with great success for over 7 years. A product that’s now widely tested around the world and renowned as the best lines on the market
Roberto Ricci Designs
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.