We’ve upgraded our school vouchers so they’re instantly downloadable and work straight away with our booking system. Perfect for last minute gifts!
Kite Landboarding lessons
Course duration – 3 hours
Landboard Lesson Outline
- Introduction, theory and safety briefing
- Powerkite setup
- Powerkite flying
- Advanced powerkite flying
- Introduction to depowerable kites
- Introduction to the landboard
- First rides
- Turns and stopping
Part 1 – Kite Flying
Landboarding is an extreme sport, so it must be learnt and taught properly. The lesson begins with a brief run through of the the fundamentals of kitesurfing safety and theory so you fully understand the sport and have a safe and enjoyable lesson.
Once you’ve covered the safety and theory, you’ll head to the beach to do a site assessment and set up the powerkites. After this, it’s time to fly them! You’ll use the powerkites to put into practise the techniques you learnt about in the theory talk.
Once you have the powerkite flying techniques down, you’ll have the opportunity to try out the larger depowerable foil kites to learn about the smoother power delivery which you’ll use when landboarding.
Part 2 – Landboarding
Now that you’ve learnt all of the necessary kite techniques, you’ll progress onto the landboards. With a few small dives to get you moving, you’ll be cruising along the beach in no time.
As you get more confident you can control the kite to gain more speed, manoeuvre the board to turn along the beach, and learn how to come to a controlled stop.
If you progress past this, you’ll have the opportunity to learn more advanced tricks like slides and small jumps!
Part 3 – Lesson Debrief
Once your lesson is over you’ll head back to the centre to have a debrief with your instructor. They’ll go through what you’ve covered, answer any questions and discuss what’s next. If the instructor signs you off, you can come back to rent the landboard equipment for just £15/h or £45 for a day! If you’ve really enjoyed the lesson and fancy trying out another challenge, you can also take home a voucher for a discounted 3 Day Kitesurfing Course.
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.