£749.00 – £1,495.00
Now with FREE 1 hour private lesson or Tricktionary. Fast, explosive, tough, great unhooked & lightweight. The North Pulse is the ultimate durable freestyle kite that also boosts & loops better than you could imagine.
North Pulse Kite 2020
Now with FREE 1 hour private lesson or Tricktionary (the ultimate progression book!) – Not included with Ex demo kites
The North Pulse Kite 2020 was the biggest surprise in the North range for us as it was so much better than expected! It offers the best feedback through the bar from their range and does sit really stably when unhooked giving you time to pass the bar without it disappearing across the wind window.
Yet it’s responsive when you want it to be, we found it was as good if not better at boosting than the North Orbit (with good technique), which is their big air specific kite. The North Pulse comes out of kite loops superbly even up to the 10m size so we expect to see many of these across the beaches in the coming months.
The North Pulse turns around the wing tip so does generate pull through the turn, whereas the North Orbit and North Carve pivot from the centre of the kite which generates a lot less pull. This is instantly noticeable which makes the overall feel to the kite very different from the rest of the North Kites range.
In comparison to other kites in this category (Duotone Dice, Ozone C4/Amp, F-One Bandit etc), the North Pulse excels in the freestyle discipline similar to the Dice and Amp but lacks in wave riding or light wind / foiling, where the North Reach or F-one Bandit have more all round abilities
“The Pulse surprised me with how smoothly it handled, making me feel super safe in strong winds, and really stable. I was blown away by how much hangtime and jumping ability it has for an open C kite. Honestly this kite gave me so much confidence.” Bruna Kajiya
FREESTYLE / WAKESTYLE
Our premier freestyle 3-strut kite will set your heart pumping. Specifically designed for fast, responsive steering, the Pulse is the ultimate in performance freestyle, that will also boost and mega loop with ease. Enhanced impulse slack means landing even the most technical tricks becomes instinctive. Made to excel in strong winds, and overcome whatever Mother Nature can throw at you. Direct and responsive, this kite does exactly what you tell it to.
The North Pulse Kite 2020 flies forward quickly when checking a rail edge, for unmatched freestyle progression. This really aids with line slack for unhooking & explosive pop off the water. Great for any freestyle tricks or big airs.
- Unhooked performance – Bridled Hybrid-C design with balanced line slack for handle passes and unhooking
- Flex Pulse Structure – Upright design ensures twist from the steering lines runs deeper into the canopy for powerful turns and fast, responsive steering.
- Dynamic Edge Response – Kite flies forward quickly when checking a rail edge, for unmatched freestyle progression.
- Flatter 2 stage arc design – The 2 stage arc design enables smooth curved efficient central region of the kite to produce power, with straighter wing tips for more dynamic steering.
A few more info about 2020 North kite tech you can find here.
“The North Pulse Kite delivers a great balance between power and slack, giving me the confidence to put 100% of my focus on making the pass.” Jesse Richman
Green, Red, Yellow
5m, 6m, 7m, 8m, 9m, 10m, 11m, 12m, 14m
It’s worth noting that size for size the North Pulse Kite will have less power than the North Orbit or North Carve which are slightly flatter and have more low end power. The North Pulse Kite is more comparable to other bridled C kites, such as the F One Bandit
Kite, Bag, Repair Kit
Read our handy guide on how to look after your equipment here.
- UK: FREE standard delivery of 1-5 working days (usually 1-2 days) on all UK purchases over £79.99 – Upgrade to Express Delivery for £4.99 UK Orders under £79.99: £4.99 Standard, £6.99 Express
- Europe Mainland and UK Highlands & Islands: £9.99 on all items under 2 kg and £19.99 over 2kg
- Rest of the World and European Islands: £19.99 for small items under 2kg, £39.99 over 2kg and £69.99 for all items over 6kg. Fedex available as an upgrade option for all countries and the only option for Asia, Africa and South America
- Surfboards and SUPs have an additional £29.99 shipping cost. Due to a huge percentage which have arrived damaged we now only use reliable (more expensive) couriers
VAT (Tax) Free
If you live outside the EU or have a BFPO address, you are eligible for VAT free (20%) purchases so can save a lot of money. This is automatically deducted at checkout but please contact us if you would like further information. The prices shown on the website include VAT as standard until you enter your shipping country at the shipping Basket/Checkout page or are already logged in.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition (with packaging and tags intact) within 14 days of the purchase date. We can either issue an in store credit for the item, send a different size or product if you would like an exchange or refund your payment.